So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Bullied by my boss in 2008, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I started this blog. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him." I was unaware back then that it would catalogue one of the most extreme cases of workplace bullying in the UK. I've found another job, but am subject to a gagging order. I'm still blogging, of course. Just don't tell the lawyers!

Wednesday 12 May 2010

The Attack

They attacked.

I was going to give loads of specific examples from Howard's Grounds of Resistance as they are such outrageous lies, but my dignity wouldn't allow it. I'll give you a few though. The allegations are so outrageous it’s almost funny.

Almost.

Most of his behaviour towards me, Howard claims, was to deter my sexual pestering. Without knowing I’ve done so, Howard mentions many incidents I’ve blogged about. He says I did them to myself in an attempt to get sexual attention. At one point he says he believes I quit because I didn't think he'd leave his wife! Other things, like the shredded letter from my ‘Resurrection’ blog, he claims never happened at all.

I'm so angry and upset. Even though it’s not like I didn’t see it coming. What a surprise! They are alleging that I’m desperately lonely and needy because I live on my own.

I feel like I’m in the middle of an extraordinary experiment into workplace bullying. It’s hard to explain, but the allegations on both sides now are so awful, I don’t know what will happen next. Howard and his colleague are, as yet, unaware of the mountain of evidence I’ve been collecting for almost a year – but they will find out soon enough.

So I guess the experiment is this:-

If I can’t prove that I was being bullied then no one can.

Wish me luck.

See you soon. Eva x

2 comments:

davek said...

good luck eva, so glad to hear you quit at last! take them to the cleaners and make sure it all goes public, he needs to be exposed otherwise he will just keep on doing it and it will be swept under the rug. think of how many other secretaries will have to go through the horrendous experience you have had if he gets away with it. all the best, dave x

Bullied By The Boss said...

Thanks so much davek. You are quite right. I said to my solicitor, I've always had it in the back of my mind - someone might have to replace me.

The further I get in this process the more I think I'll have to go to Tribunal like you said.

xx

Bottom Swirl