So then...

About Me

Welcome to my blog. My pen name is Eva James. I'm an aspiring writer paying the bills working as a legal secretary. Bullied by my boss in 2008, I looked for another job but the recession hit. Feeling trapped, I started this blog. Trevor Griffiths, legendary theatre, TV and film writer said at the outset, "I like the writing a lot: smart, cool, placed. If you were prepared/able to take your prick of a boss on, you'd marmelise him." I was unaware back then that it would catalogue one of the most extreme cases of workplace bullying in the UK. I've found another job, but am subject to a gagging order. I'm still blogging, of course. Just don't tell the lawyers!

Monday 14 June 2010

Swimming with Sharks

Howard once drew a picture of me naked being menaced by a mighty shark. He said the shark represented male lawyers. He wrote the caption above it, “Help, help, I’m a vulnerable person.” Then he tore it up and threw it in the bin.

It sounds like nothing, but that was the first time I phoned the Samaritans. That was when it really felt less like bullying and more like mental torture. I don’t know why it bothered me so much, but there was something about it, something that spoke to me on a subconscious level perhaps. I don't know.

Or at least I didn’t until today. I didn’t until I was crying on the phone to my solicitor. He wasn’t sympathetic. He said people like me who don’t have the money to pay up front don’t get to call the shots. He said I can’t have it all ways. He said either way they’ll humiliate me and lie about me until it’s over so I can settle quickly or drag it out and waste more money.

He just wants his cut of the CFA. 

I wonder if Howard's picture was a premonition.

It feels as though I'm surrounded by sharks - being torn to pieces.

How does anyone survive this?

Eva x

2 comments:

Mr Fan said...

you know, i know, you are better than that, you are so lucky you are not like that and you can see outside of the square, move on with a fresh horizon and have a vision of some of your greatest goals.

If you see rubbish in the bin you know its rubbish.

If you see a rose in the garden you know its beautiful.

set high, rewarding goals.

Bullied By The Boss said...

You're right, I've got to walk away, patch myself up and prove them wrong in a positive way. Actions speak louder than words x

Bottom Swirl